Advantages over existing solutions
- Integrates the functions of battery chargers, DC UPS power supply, telemetric modules, battery status monitoring.
- In the mode of existence of the primary supply voltage, consumer is supplied from those primary sources, while the battery is charged in the independent circuit. This enables to control the maximum overall consumption.
- Nominal battery voltage is the same as the voltage value of the primary sources.
- BOOST SMPS is applied through which the primary source voltage is risen to the voltage required for V/I characteristic, resulting in extremely low charging losses because voltage can be increased up to 15% with the SMPS efficiency of over 90%.
- Instantly switching from the primary to the secondary power source (battery) and back, so that voltage dips do not occur in the system that is connected to ATMOD.
The hardware is designed so that the UPS and battery charger are one unit, while the another one is processor that measures parameters of the charger and the UPS, detects input and manages and communicates with digital outputs via RS485 interface.
ATMOD module includes:
- Automated nominal battery charging current I = 800 mA
- UPS circuit voltage 12 V DC
- Processor unit
- 4 opto-isolated digital inputs (relative to a common end)
- An analog current input 0-25 mA
- 2 independent relay outputs
- 1 RS485 port
- A USB 2.0 port (for configuration and firmware change)